Bel-Aire Elementary School
The faculty and staff welcome you to Bel-Aire Elementary School. Please take the time to read through this handbook together. It contains valuable information that will help you to have the best possible experience at our school. Our school welcomes parent participation and support. Please let us know if we can assist you and your child as we work together to make this a successful school year. All parents and visitors are welcome. To ensure the safety of our students, a photo ID will be required each time you visit.
Like us on Facebook at Bel-Aire Elementary Education.
The mission of Bel-Aire Elementary School is to maintain a safe learning environment that focuses on individual student achievement and academic expectations.
“Too Sick For School”
TCS strives to provide the healthiest environment for our students and staff. Please assist us in this goal by following these too-sick-for-school guidelines when deciding on whether you should send your child to school.
Do not send your child to school:
- If your child has had any vomiting or diarrhea in the past 24 hours.
- If your child has had a fever within 24 hours. They may return to school when fever free without any pain/fever-reducing medication for 24 hours.
- With pink eye until they have received treatment for 24 hours and have no eye drainage.
- With strep throat until they have taken their antibiotic for 24 hours.
- Students may not return to school earlier than the date listed on the doctor’s note. The student's return date must also comply with the “Too Sick for School” Guidelines
- If students test positive for Covid, they may return to school once symptom-free for 24 hours.
- Please make sure to keep the school updated with current phone contact information.
- Parents will be notified to pick up their child who arrives at school too sick for school or who becomes ill while at school.
- Parents/guardians have 5 “Parent Notes” excuses for the school year.
Remember, frequent hand washing with soap and water or using hand sanitizer when soap and water are unavailable is one of the best ways to prevent the spread of germs.
- Automatic Phone Messaging System
- Bel-Aire Belief Statements, Pledge, and Cheer
- Cancellation of School
- Discipline and Behavior Policy
- Dress Code
- General Expectations
- Health and Medication
- Instructional Supplies
- Lost and Found
- Lunch and Breakfast Programs
- Moment of Silence
- Parent Teacher Conferences
- Picture Day
- Pre-Entrance Testing
- PreSchool/Child-Find Program
- Related Arts: Art, Music, P.E., and Library
- Report Cards
- Reporting Progress
- School-Wide Positive Behavior Support
- Staff Qualifications
- Student Information Cards
- Student Media Access Opt-Out/Student Privacy Information
- Students Entering Kindergarten